Seeking Dynamic Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships
About our Organization: Catalyst for Payment Reform (CPR) is an independent nonprofit working to catalyze employers, public purchasers and others to implement strategies that produce higher-value health care and improve the functioning of the health care marketplace. CPR is based in Berkeley, CA.
Who we’re seeking: We are seeking a dynamic Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships to help CPR achieve its mission and generate greater revenue through the development and sale of products and services and creation of new partnerships. The position will be critical to the success of the organization which aims to generate one-third of its budget through sales of its mission-generated products and services. A successful Director will take initiative, be creative and persistent, have strong interpersonal and communications skills as well as a solid understanding of and interest in the current health care landscape, including the roles of employers, health plans, other vendors, providers, and benefits consultants/brokers.
About the position: The Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships will work full-time and report to the Executive Director and have support from CPR’s Project Coordinator as well as other staff. The position will be based in Berkeley from Monday through Wednesday and allow for remote work on Thursday and Friday. Occasional travel is required.
What the Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships will do:
- Help shape and develop CPR’s mix of products and services to generate and grow self-sustaining revenue. These include online courses, health care purchasing tools, vendor evaluations, market assessments, and events. Conduct market research as needed.
- Increase sales to target audiences for CPR products and services. Potential customers include health plans or third-party administrators, vendors offering specific health care services or benefits solutions, providers, and benefits consultants/brokers, among others.
- Generate and manage new partnerships that drive greater dissemination of CPR content and support our mission. Potential partners include national and regional business coalitions or other nonprofits.
- Participate in CPR’s vendor evaluation efforts, helping the CPR team to create specifications for particular health care services or benefits offerings and utilize them to evaluate the options in the market on behalf of employers and other health care purchasers. This position’s responsibilities include managing outreach to vendors and securing their participation and sponsorship of the effort.
- Facilitate meetings with an established advisory council of health care industry experts on CPR’s business model, product mix, and sales strategy. Refine business strategy based on feedback.
- Track and manage reporting on CPR’s sales and partnerships to the Executive Director and occasionally to CPR’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee related marketing efforts including digital advertising, website optimization, channel partnerships, event attendance, content marketing, and more.
- Assist with development of proposals for consulting, research and foundation grants for projects that are mission-related and revenue generating.
- Assist with other projects as needed under the direction of CPR Executive Director.
The ideal qualifications:
- At least 5 years of full-time professional job experience in business development, non-profit development, or the equivalent.
- Master’s degree in business, public policy, public administration or other related area.
- Proven track record of developing and selling products that generate revenue and using business development analysis and techniques.
- Marketing know-how, including web, digital, social media, and SEO is an added plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of organization as well as strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-starting and able to work independently and meet deadlines; ability to work in a partially virtual office environment.
- Professional demeanor with a passion to improve the functioning of the health care marketplace.
Compensation: Wage is dependent on qualifications, qualifies as exempt, comes with a competitive benefits package.
Applications: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.