Catalyst for Payment Reform (CPR) is hiring – work for an organization trying to implement big changes in health care on behalf of employers and other health care purchasers!
Operations and Marketing Associate
About our Organization: The US health care system is in crisis: despite spending 18% of our gross domestic product (GDP) on health care, our delivery system ranks last among Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries in access to care, administrative efficiency, equity, and health care outcomes. Catalyst for Payment Reform (CPR) was born out of the idea that together, employers and other big health care purchasers can make a difference. CPR is a national non-profit organization on a mission to catalyze employers, public purchasers and others to implement strategies that produce higher-value health care and improve the functioning of the health care marketplace. CPR is based in Berkeley, CA, however all staff work remotely at this time.
Who we’re seeking: We are seeking a dynamic Operations and Marketing Associate to provide both day-to-day administrative and marketing support. The position will require initiative, autonomy, creativity, and a high level of organization. We are seeking someone with attention to detail who is a quick-learning, self-motivated professional. The Operations and Marketing Associate will collaborate with the small team at CPR and interact with external partners and stakeholders. The position will provide the successful candidate broad exposure to cutting-edge issues and a variety of leading thinkers in health care.
About the position: The Operations and Marketing Associate position is full time with a preference for candidates who live in the San Francisco Bay Area, though others should apply. This position reports to CPR’s Executive Director, Suzanne Delbanco, and provides support to multiple senior staff. The position involves occasional travel (less than 5%).
What the Operations and Marketing Associate will do:
- Support the organization administratively, including:
- Serve as one of the first points of contact for external stakeholders seeking to connect with the organization.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and logistics for CPR webinars and other events, including multi-speaker, live, national virtual summits.
- Coordinate and participate in CPR staff and member meetings, including organizing team-building events during bi-monthly staff retreats.
- Schedule meetings for the Executive Director and the CPR team as needed.
- Maintain and update CPR’s internal calendar.
- Process expense reports and prepare invoices.
- Track CPR staff speaking engagements.
- Keep a schedule of operational, grant and contractual deadlines.
- Act as a liaison between the external IT vendor and website developer and the CPR team.
- Book and manage staff travel (if, and when, it resumes).
- General management, including identifying opportunities for process improvement and increased organizational efficiency.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Lead Marketing and Communications, including:
- Develop and execute organization-wide marketing and communication plan including preparing agenda and leading weekly internal marketing and communications meetings.
- Manage all aspects (scheduling, posting, and reporting) of CPR’s content pipeline of blog posts, podcast episodes, and other types of publications.
- Strategize, design, and implement creative and on-brand website content, weekly e-newsletters, social media posts and e-mail blasts to amplify key messages and help CPR reach target audiences.
- Develop and execute cohesive marketing campaigns to promote awareness and use of CPR events and resources, using full suite of available marketing tools including automation, segmentation, reporting and integrations across email and social media marketing channels.
- Become an expert in CPR’s Hubspot customer relationship management (CRM) database, serving as main contact to Hubspot Customer Success Team and optimizing CPR’s use of Hubspot as a marketing automation tool.
- Maintain CPR’s website, including collaborating with WordPress developer to test website updates and apply search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to website content.
- Perform A/B testing to improve audience engagement.
- Report on key performance indicators to help evaluate performance and guide marketing strategy.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, customers, agencies, and vendors to develop educational content, including webinars, virtual summits, and podcast episodes.
- Collaborate with demand generation and marketing departments of event and project sponsors to disseminate content and promote events.
- Collaborate with public relations consultant.
- Assist with other projects as needed under the direction of CPR’s Executive Director.
The ideal qualifications:
- At least three years of full-time professional job experience or the equivalent, including in communications and marketing.
- Professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and highly professional oral and written communication skills suitable for formal communications with senior business and government leaders in health care.
- Detail oriented, flexible, problem-solving and creative; ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain a high level of organization.
- Self-starting and able to work independently and meet deadlines; ability to work effectively and efficiently in a virtual office environment.
- A passion to work from a not-for-profit perspective to improve health care.
- Fluency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong social media and IT skills. HubSpot CRM and website programming experience a bonus.
Compensation: Wage is dependent on qualifications. Robust benefits package offered.
Check us out: www.catalyze.org