Introducing the Implementing Global Payments Action Brief- updated in Summer 2018
Global, or capitated, payment attempts to address many of the inherent weaknesses of fee-for-service. The Global Payment Action Brief includes results from the Maryland All-Payer Global Budget Hospital System, and the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Alternative Quality Contract, among other examples!
This Action Brief covers the following topics:
- how global payment works and what problems it solves,
- the different types of risk-sharing arrangements in use,
- examples of successful global payment programs in place today,
- what steps purchasers can take to implement, and
- what challenges and risks they may face along the way.