Introducing the Price Transparency Action Brief- updated in Summer 2018
This Price Transparency Action Brief introduces the basics about price transparency, how it can help employers and other purchasers improve quality and affordability of health care for their member population, and what strategies and tools are available to take action in the marketplace.
The Action Brief includes information on the following areas:
- What is price transparency?
- Why should purchasers support transparency?
- Supporting consumers as they assume greater financial responsibility
- Existing efforts at price transparency
- Key elements of comprehensive transparency tools for consumers
- Health plan tools and purchaser data
- What are the challenges to achieving price transparency?
- Actions purchasers can take to drive transparency