Reference pricing has been shown to reduce health care spending for certain prescription drugs and services. Additionally, reference pricing or reference based pricing sends a clear signal to high-priced providers. The Reference Pricing Action Brief describes how reference pricing can engage member populations in shopping for health care services and help increase use of high-value (e.g. high-quality, low-cost) providers.
Check out the Referencing Pricing Action Brief to discover:
- What reference pricing is and what problems it tries to solve;
- How reference pricing works;
- The range of approaches to referencing pricing;
- Examples of reference pricing in action;
- Possible implementation challenges purchasers may face;
- The spectrum of reference pricing strategies; and
- What actions purchasers can take to pursue this strategy!
As a health care purchaser, you can log in to get FREE access to the Toolkit!
No account? No problem. Click HERE to create your Catalyze.org account. Or click Log In > Forgot Password in the upper-right hand corner to reset your password.