Webinar 1: Purchaser Innovation in Action: Next-Gen Provider Strategies.
Original Air Date: October 31, 2023 | 1pm ET
In the fall of 2023 CPR hosted the webinar series, “Pioneers of Progress: Bold, Functional, and Data-Driven Solutions for Health Care Purchasing” – inviting leaders in health care to speak frankly about unconventional yet effective methods to maximize strategic, data-driven decision-making in health care purchasing.
The first of three webinars, this episode features two Taft-Hartley union trust funds and a state Medicaid agency speaking about how to strategically manage provider relationships to maximize quality and spend.
- Cora Opsahl, 32BJ Health Fund: Discover how 32BJ achieved astronomical cost savings by strategically carving out a high-cost provider from their network.
- Ivana Krajcinovic, UNITE HERE HEALTH: Join Ivana as she discusses her role in supporting a grassroots campaign to address high provider prices near Monterey, California.
- Mary Applegate & Emily VanBuren, Ohio Medicaid: Gain invaluable insights from Dr. Mary Applegate and Emily VanBuren as they explore the transition of an episodes of care/bundled payment program to alternative payment model spend targets by HCP-LAN category.
Webinar 2: Strategic Insights for Purchasers: Consultant Perspectives on Emergent Topics.
Original Air Date: November 9, 2023 | 1pm ET
The second installment of this three-part webinar series featured consultants from three benefits consulting firms speaking about emergent topics in the health care industry.
- Jeff Levin-Scherz, WTW: Gain insights into the cost and access crisis surrounding GLP-1 medications and what the future may hold.
- Patti Wahl, Aon: Explore the future of healthcare with Patti Wahl as she delves into developing a virtual-first plan strategy.
- Amber Boehm, Mercer: Join Amber Boehm as she offers a unique point-of-view regarding Artificial Intelligence in health benefits.
Webinar 3: Beyond the Traditional: Leveraging Healthcare Data to Maximize Affordability, Access, and Equity.
Original Air Date: November 15, 2023 | 4 pm ET
The third and final episode of our three-part series discussed the importance of data access, ownership, and use and how that valuable data can be used to drive affordability and equity.
- Lauren Makishima, Group Insurance Commission of Massachusetts: Explore GIC’s collection of race, ethnicity, language (REL), sexual orientation, and gender identity (SOGI) data and health equity design strategies.
- SallyCaine Leathers & Karly Campbell, TennCare: Discover the transformative impact of partnering with providers to screen for and collect SDOH data, paving the way for enhanced healthcare outcomes.
- Chris Deacon, VerSan Consulting: Uncover the recent and upcoming issues in healthcare related to ownership and use of purchaser claims and clinical data with Chris Deacon.