How did the County of Santa Barbara’s bundled payment program save $70 per employee per year?
Learn about the prospective bundled payment program the County of Santa Barbara implemented to combat rising health care costs. Written exclusively to help purchasers learn from one another and spread best practices, this case study covers:
- The problem with challenging market dynamics and excessively high prices
- Designing the prospective bundled payment strategy and finding the right partners
- Rolling out the model with a key focus on employee communications
- Results and key insights for other employers
- What’s next for the County’s program?
CPR conducted interviews with the the County of Santa Barbara, Alliant Insurance Services, and Carrum Health to inform the story.