How did the County of Santa Barbara’s bundled payment program save $70 per employee per year?
Learn about the prospective bundled payment program the County of Santa Barbara implemented to combat rising health care costs. Written exclusively to help purchasers learn from one another and spread best practices, this case study covers:
- The challenging market dynamics and excessively high prices that led the County to consider a bundled payment approach
- The County’s experience in designing the payment strategy and finding the right partners
- The roll out of the model with a key focus on employee communications
- The results, lessons learned, and key insights that can be of benefit to other employers
- What’s next for the County’s program, including what other clinical areas the County is considering for expansion of this innovative program.
CPR conducted interviews with the the County of Santa Barbara, Alliant Insurance Services, and Carrum Health to inform the story.
Interested in taking the next step in your bundled payment strategy? Learn more about CPR’s Collaborative on Advancing Bundled Payment Programs!