How did FedEx Corporation steward employees towards higher-value health care services without sacrificing quality and access?
Learn about the consumer-directed health plan (CDHP) benefit design that FedEx Corporation designed and implemented to address rising health care costs. Written exclusively to help purchasers learn from one another and spread best practices, this case study covers:
- The challenges that prompted FedEx to redesign their benefits strategy
- Arranging the CDHP benefit with a focus on primary care and pharmaceutical coverage
- Rolling out the model with a multi-pronged approach to employee communications
- Results and key insights for other employers
- What’s next for FedEx’s program?
CPR conducted interviews with the FedEx Human Resources team to inform the story on the CDHP plan offering- a benefit design strategy that experts agree is here to stay.