Find out how Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC) achieved a significant reduction in its cost trend and PMPM savings by overhauling its pharmacy benefit, implementing a waste free formulary.
Relying on three key principles in its approach: attacking waste, lowest net cost, and transparent pricing, SISC partnered with Navitus Health Solutions and Integrity Pharmaceutical Advisors to tackle pharmacy costs that were out of control and transition to a waste free formulary.
Written exclusively to help purchasers learn from one another and spread best practices, this case study covers:
- The circumstances that led SISC to overhaul its pharmacy benefit;
- How SISC selected its consultant partner (Integrity) and new PBM (Navitus);
- How SISC worked with Integrity to begin the formulary modification process and transition to the waste-free-formulary
- How SISC successfully rolled out the waste-free formulary with minimal member disruption.
- Results and key insights for other employers;
CPR conducted interviews with John Stenerson, Deputy Executive Officer of Self-Insured Schools of California and Thomas Cordeiro, RPh, FASCP, President of Integrity Pharmaceutical Advisors LLC to inform the case study.
As a health care purchaser, you can log in to get FREE access!
No account? No problem. Click HERE to create your new account. Or click Log In > Forgot Password in the upper-right hand corner to reset your password.